Monday 14 March 2011

Then by Morris Gleitzman

Then is the sequel of Once, which is about a Jewish boy, Felix and a girl named Zelda.
Then is a story of relationships and conflict, a child's book and a horrific tale. Then is very strange as a result of this. Morris Gleitzman has captured the terrible picture of war whilst also writing a tale of families and friends.
It is amazing how it can be the most light hearted children's book at one moment but in an instant it can change to
a book of revenge and horror.
Felix and Zelda are taken in to hiding by a women named Genia who is a very kind person.
I think that the Guardians review, " Haunting...dangerous and desperate but also full of courage and hope" really says it all. This book is not really an action book but it is a must read book. I usually read action books but I think this book has changed the way I will read.Quite simply it is my favorite book and everyone must read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment