Tuesday 18 January 2011

Bog Child

Bog child is a great book. I think that it conveys a great message of dealing with things and strength in human character and how everyone can get through anything if they keep their head high and carry on. Fergus (the main character) finds a dead body in the bog and it turns out that the body dates back to AD 80. Fergus keeps having dreams about this 'bog child' and the mystery of her death slowly unfolds to him. Her life corresponded very much with his in the hard time he has endured. This reminds me very much of 'Kit's Wilderness' in which Kit keeps having dreams ad illusions about a historic Ice Age character named 'Lak'.
This book is written with amazing skill and I could not re-write it if I tried. In my eyes, Bog Child is the best example of the saying 'Don't judge a book by it's cover'. When I first picked up bog child, I was quite
dis-hearted due to the boring, David Almond style of cover. ( A writer who I am not particulary fond of but can understand how one might enjoy his books). I would recommend this book to Charlie Henderson of all the people in year 8 but think that it is a classic and everyone, however old, should read it. I really enjoyed this book and hope you will too!


By Joe Ingram

No comments:

Post a Comment